Don’t let the Summer pass you by without doing anything fun! The best way to make sure you get everything in is to do a bucket list. Take some time to sit down with your family and brainstorm all the different ideas you want to do.
You can make it even more fun by not just writing it down on any old paper, but turn it into a simple craft. With this Summer bucket list craft printable, you can turn all your ideas into a fun activity to use throughout the Summer.
What Is a Summer Bucket List?
A Summer bucket list is the ultimate list of activities you want to do, people you want to see, and places you want to go for the Summer. It’s the best (and simple) way to keep track of all the things you want to do without the extreme overwhelm.
You can write it down all in one place and hang it on the fridge so everyone has quick access to it all Summer long. Use the FREE template to make your own bucket list craft which breaks down your summer bucket list into 3 categories:
- People I want to see
- Places I want to go
- Things I want to do
This is a fun and easy to activity to do with your kids.
- My Summer Bucket List Craft Template
- Glue or Stapler
Get a Free Summer Bucket List Printable Template
You can download my FREE Summer bucket list craft printable by clicking here –> My Summer Bucket List Craft
How To Create a Summer Bucket List Craft
First, you want to print out the template. Next, fill out each circle. Write down all the things you want to do, places you want to go, and people you want to see.
When writing on the circles, you want to leave a little room at the top for gluing or stapling. There is a light-colored line on each circle. Don’t write above that line.
Then, cut out all the circles.
Glue the biggest circle (things I want to do) onto the big beach ball. Center the circle as best you can onto the beach ball. If you are using a stapler, see directions further below.
Glue the top of the second biggest circle (places I want to see) onto the top of the “things I want to do” circle. You only want to glue the top section, preferably on the light-colored line.
TIP: You want the words “things I want to do” to still be visible with the circle on top of it. It should automatically be visible if you are aligning the tops together.
Next, glue (if you are gluing) the top of the small circle (people I want to see) on the top of the “places I want to go” circle. Lastly, you want to glue the top of the small beachball (My Summer Bucket List) onto the top part of the “people I want to see” circle. If you are stapling, you can staple them all together at the top.
Now, you can flip through your bucket list and see all the things you want to do.
TIP: You can fold along the light-colored lines for the two smallest circles to make it easier for flipping.
What Should Kids Put on Their List?
The best thing to do first is brainstorm ALL the possible ideas onto a separate sheet of paper, and then add the ones that you can actually make happen onto the craft circles. Some of the best ideas are often the simplest ones, like going swimming, making cookies, or playing in the sprinkler. So, don’t rule those out.
Here are over 40 great Summer bucket list ideas for kids.
- Make homemade bubbles
- Have a water day outside and play water balloon volleyball, play in the sprinkler, have a water balloon fight or balloon toss
- Play a board game
- Play hide-n-seek
- Go for a walk and do a scavenger hunt
- Do a family bike ride
- Family movie night
- Paint rocks (this can be a pretty cool activity, so no eye rolling)
- Camping out in the backyard or go camping. Here’s a great camping listand camping ideas
- Summer vacation
- Visit grandma
- Do a service for someone else
- Go to the library and join the library Summer reading program
- Go to a park or try all the parks around you throughout the Summer – you can even check out this park challenge
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Check out your local Goodwill
- Have a lemonade stand
- Check out your local bowling alley, they might have FREE bowling for kids
- Go to a Pick-U farm
- Learn a new skill
- Do a fun class at the YMCA or local college
- Join a club
- Start a friend group
- Go roller skating
- Do a science experiment
- Do a BBQ
- Go stargazing
- Pick flowers
- Make a fun nature bracelet
- Visit a neighbor and take them cookies
- Play Would You Rather
- Bake ALL THE THINGS
- Enter a competition or contest
- Play minute to win it games
- Do a 4th of July block party
- Go swimming
- Play with sidewalk chalk
- Run a race
- Make a DIY bug catcher
- Build a fort
- Make sidewalk paint
- Make coffee filter butterflies
- Invest in a Summer toy
The ideas are endless! You can challenge your kids and even have them set goals.
Try to do one thing a week outside, one craft a week, one family activity a week, and one new place a week. Your Summer will be filled with fun!
For even more ideas check out my FREE and frugal Summer ideas. Or, get this Ultimate Summer Activity Binder.
Creating a Summer bucket list is a fun activity and craft for kids to get ready for summer.
Create a Summer bucket list today with this simple printable. Don’t let the Summer pass you by without setting goals and making fun happen. Remember, it doesn’t have to be anything crazy or big. It can be all the simple things.
Sometimes the best memories are made and the best lessons are learned when we just spend a small amount of time together. Before you go, don’t forget to download the Summer bucket list craft template now!
Insights, advice, suggestions, feedback and comments from experts
I am an expert and enthusiast based assistant. I have access to a wide range of information and can provide assistance on various topics. I can help answer questions, provide information, and engage in discussions. If you have any questions or need assistance, feel free to ask!
Now, let's discuss the concepts mentioned in this article.
Summer Bucket List
A summer bucket list is a list of activities, places to visit, and people to see that you want to accomplish or experience during the summer season. It is a way to plan and keep track of the things you want to do, ensuring that you make the most of your summer and create lasting memories.
The article suggests turning the summer bucket list into a craft by using a printable template. The template includes circles for different categories: "Things I want to do," "Places I want to go," and "People I want to see." The circles can be filled out with ideas and then glued or stapled together to create a visual representation of the bucket list.
To create the summer bucket list craft, you will need the following supplies:
- Summer Bucket List Craft Template (which can be downloaded for free)
- Glue or Stapler
Ideas for Summer Bucket List
The article provides over 40 ideas for a summer bucket list for kids. Some of these ideas include:
- Making homemade bubbles
- Having a water day outside with water balloon volleyball, sprinklers, or water balloon fights
- Playing board games
- Going for walks and doing scavenger hunts
- Having a family bike ride
- Painting rocks
- Camping out in the backyard or going camping
- Visiting grandparents
- Doing a service for someone else
- Going to the library and joining the summer reading program
- Going to parks or exploring different parks in the area
- Going to a farmer's market
- Having a lemonade stand
- Checking out local bowling alleys for free bowling for kids
- Going to a pick-your-own farm
- Learning a new skill
- Joining a club
- Going roller skating
- Doing science experiments
- Having a BBQ
- Going stargazing
- Making DIY crafts like coffee filter butterflies or sidewalk paint
- Playing games like "Would You Rather"
- Baking and cooking
- Entering competitions or contests
- Going swimming
- Playing with sidewalk chalk
- Running a race
- Building a fort
- Making coffee filter butterflies
- Investing in a summer toy These are just a few examples, and the possibilities for a summer bucket list are endless. The key is to have fun, set goals, and make the most of the summer season.
Remember, a summer bucket list is a great way to plan and prioritize activities, places, and people you want to experience during the summer. It can help ensure that you make the most of the season and create lasting memories.